So, today I cooked Spaghetti Bolognese for Ifthar.
My version of Spaghetti Bolognese is very simple and easy to prepare. (Learned it from mum)
Just need a few ingredients.
So, the ingredients are
1 Pack of Spaghetti (I usually use San Remo)
1 Pack of Minced Meat
1 Bottle of Spaghetti Sauce (In this case, I used Prego Mushroom Sauce)
Cheese (I used a pack of Chesdale, but any kind of cheese will do like Mozzarella, Parmesan etc)
3 Tablespoon of Butter/Margerine
4 Teaspoon of salt
1 Teaspoon of Sugar
Tomato Puree (if needed)
For the spaghetti, I usually use San Remo. But any brand will do. You can also use Angel Hair, Fettuccine or Linguine.
As for the sauce, you can either use Traditional or Mushroom. Usually if I use Traditional, I will add some garlic. They are just the same I think, except that one has mushroom and the other one does not.
Cheese, you can you any kind of cheese. Mozzarella, Parmesan, Cream Cheese etc. I used Chesdale because it's easier (not to mention cheaper).
So, lets get started shall we?
We will start with the Spaghetti.
1. First add some water into the pot. Around 3/4
2. Then, you add around 3 teaspoon of salt into the water. Not sure why. Probably for the taste. Huhu. I did just because mum taught me to.
3. Wait for the water to boil, then we insert the spaghetti. Kabloosh... okay that doesn't sound like the right sound effect.
4. Wait for the spaghetti to... become soft? Flexible? I think you got it. Then we add some margerine/butter. This is to prevent the spaghetti from being sticky and stick to each other. It added some flavour to the spaghetti too. And it's easier to eat.
Then, we wait till the spaghetti is ready. Woohoo. Easy.
When do we know it is ready?
Usually we check the colour. Making sure the yellow colour is even. Especially for Fettuccine and Linguine. We need to check the middle, making sure it is yellow. We always overlooked that.
Now, for the sauce.
1. I chopped some meat. To make it easier, you can buy Minced Meat, where you don't have to chop any meat. But if you can't find one, then yeah...
2. So, put some oil into a pot. A small or medium sized pot will do. And then we put the meat. *goreng goreng* Not really goreng actually. Just bagi masak sikit.
3. Then, we open the Prego sauce bottle and add it in the pot together with the meat. I mean, the sauce and not the bottle. The bottle, you can throw it into the dustbin.
You can add tomato puree, if you need more sauce.
Some add chili sauce because they don't want the sauce to become too sour. I guess.
4. After a few while, we can put the cheese inside the sauce. Yummy yummy. If you use Chesdale, you add 3-4 slices. Depends on your liking.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
6. Stir it for a few minutes, then wallah! Done.
Fewh. Feel like writing a lab report.
Finally it is ready to be served.
|Definitely your family's choice|
You can try this at home.